Thursday, September 22, 2011

A great run today: an example of how couponing works.

Here is the result from my couponing trip today. I thought I'd go over it quickly to show how much money couponing can save you!

Walgreens had Poise liners on sale $3/9, with $3 in Register Rewards (money you can use on your next trip there, to buy anything) returned. I had 2/1 pack of liners coupons that I got off the Poise website. I had three of them, one for each pack. I found out about the coupon from The Krazy Coupon Lady website. That would make my cost OOP $3, and then the $3 RR, so all three packs of liners would be free. However, I still had a $3 RR from the last time I went to Walgreens, so I used that, and I got all three packs for zero out of pocket, plus $3 back. However, you cannot have more coupons than items, and I had four coupons (three manufacturer coupons plus one RR) for three items, so I purchased the Mickey bubbles for 1.49 OOP. I spent 1.49 at Walgreens, and received $3 RR, so I made 1.51 from this purchase.

At Farmer's Foods, they had the Starkist authentico tuna fish on sale for 1.29. I had a coupon from the September ALL YOU for .50 off, and remember that Farmer's doubles, so I bought the tuna fish for .29.

I also bought the Breakfast to go boxes. They were on sale for 2.79 a box, and I had two 1.10 off one coupons and one 1.00 off one coupon, so two boxes were 1.69 and one was 1.79.

Then...The Select Harvest soup was on sale for 1.29 a can, and I had several coupons. Some were for 1.00 off two, 1.50 off three, .50 off two, which doubled...etc. I got eleven cans.

After she scanned everything, I still had my $10 off coupon from last week, so I used those, and my grand total from Farmer's was 4.93.

SO, I spent 6.42 total today, and received a $3 RR, so the total cost was 3.42.

So, even though we don't have a Harris Teeter or Kroger, we can still save serious money! It takes a little bit of time, but I search for coupons while I am already online working, or cut them while I watch television. Combine sales with coupons, and once you start, you will have RR or other kickbacks to use on new purchases!

Do you like the Select Harvest? 1.29 is a really good price, even compared to Walmart, and there are always coupons for it on http://www.coupons.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment