Monday, October 3, 2011

I LOVE Farmers!

When I lived in Halifax, there was a Farmer's up the street, and we used to walk up there as kids with Mom to get a few things. But other than that, I have never really shopped at Farmer's. And now it's my favorite store because they double coupons.

We went there today because they had the Toaster Strudel and Toaster Scramblers on sale for 2/4. Now, they are always that price at Walmart. They may even be 1.97. However, I had 50 cents off coupons, which double to dollar at Farmers, making them 2 for 3, or 1.50 each. Taking that same coupon to Walmart, they would have been 2/4, with the coupon 2 for 3.50, or 1.75 each. I bought eight boxes because you can freeze them, and Fiance really likes them. Plus, there are six of them in a box, so if we both eat two, we've eaten most of the box.

Sometimes, Farmer's has really good deals. They had Frosted MiniWheats in Blueberry for 1! Sadly I had no coupons for them, but a dollar for a box of cereal is a really good deal. They also have Apple Jacks for 1.99, and I had a fifty cents coupon, which doubled, making Apple Jacks 1.00.

We got a few more things, including free Birds Eye brand steamable broccoli (10 for 10, use a fifty cents off coupon that doubles to 1). They rang up my purchase, which was 56 dollars, then scanned my Farmer's card, which brought it down to 36. After running all my coupons, the total was 29, and after THAT, the register printed a Catalina coupon for 10 dollars off my next purchase. So, 29 out of pocket, and with the gift card for next time, that's 19!

I believe I received the Catalina because I bought 25 dollars in General Mills products, which I did a few weeks ago. I didn't realize the promotion was still going on, so if you live in South Boston, take your coupons for General Mills products (Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, etc) and go to Farmer's!


These is the haul for the day. We hit CVS and Walgreens as well. There were coupons for BOGO on Dove and Tresemme. CVS has a promotion right now where if you spend 15 (before coupons) on Dove products, you get 5 ECBs back, so I paid for two, got two free, and got a Dove deodorant with a 1.00 off coupon. Plus, the deodorant was a twin pack, so four shampoos and two deodorants for 9, plus five dollars in ECBs, made this deal 4 dollars. :)

I am done couponing for the week. And I am done buying shampoo! Now I am off to find a place to put it!

No comments:

Post a Comment