Saturday, October 1, 2011

Shopping Trip and Updates

This is mostly a breakdown of today's shopping trip. If you are not interested in the breakdown, I put the lessons learned and information gathered in bold for easy skimming. :)


So, I found out that Piggly Wiggly in Danville does not double coupons, more's the pity.

However, if you have a Kmart loyalty card, you can get double coupons on weekends this month up to .99. So, a .75 cent coupon will double to 1.50.

We took advantage of that today! They don't have a ton of groceries, and some of them are a little high, making it not the most exciting place to coupon. BUT, they had a sale on Edge and Skintimate shaving gel, BOGO, reg. price 2.79. And we had a coupon for .75 cents off of one, which doubled to 1.50. So, for two shaving gels, I only had to pay 1.40.

COUPON LESSON: Combine BOGO sales with coupons for even better savings!


Here is the most "extreme" couponing of the day. I purchased this stuff for 3.43. I got the cat food from Petsmart; they have coupons for 5.00 off the cat food, which is on sale for 5.99, and you get two cans of cat food free when you buy it. There is also the Edge shaving gel, which is from KMart. If you live in Danville, it may be worth running into Kmart on these double coupon weekends to see what you can find, but I'm not sure it would be worth the trouble for my SoBoVA friends, unless you were already in Danville.

I needed some soda at Walmart, and the Dr. Pepper had peelie coupons on them for .35 now, so I saved .70 there, and then I got the razors, 1.97 reg price, used a 3 coupon off each, and got the whole thing for .06.

Today was the first day I ran into some opposition. The cashier at Walmart told me I couldn't use the razor coupon because it would make them free, and she would have to go ask. I offered to give her my copy of Walmart's coupon policy to save herself the steps, but she insisted on asking. Even after getting the verification that I was right, she wasn't too friendly. Alas.

Are you familiar with the Magic Coupon Machine? At every CVS, there is a tall red machine that you can use to price check items. However, if you scan your CVS card, you will get coupons! And apparently once a month or periodically, or something, you get 2% back of what you have spent. (*Maybe it's quarterly? I will check!*) Anyway, today I scanned my card, and I got $2.50 free Extra Care Bucks, which are like money at CVS. If you don't have a CVS card, please get one! You can scan your CVS card once a day for coupons.

At CVS, I got 2.50 free Extra Care Bucks! They had Always pads on sale for 3.99, and I got $2 off coupon, so I got those for freeee.

We also went to Target today, so here is everything I bought today.

Grand total: 57.89. Plus, what's exciting is that black and white bag thing is a twin comforter set with the comforter, fitted sheet, flat sheet, dust ruffle, and pillow case :)

Walk around the store to look for clearance items. It's good exercise, and sometimes there are clearance items in little corners of the store!

I got several things at Target today on clearance. The twin bed in a bag was only 15, the large organge piggy bank was only 2.50, and a pink ombre curtain was only 3.74. The curtain and the piggy are for my classroom at school! :)

Nothing super exciting to report on the rest of it. I used lots of coupons and got good deals (the little first aid kits, and the travel size Aquafresh were free).

Looking at the sale papers for Walgreens and CVS, there isn't anything super exciting for me this week. However, I would definitely get a Sunday paper this week, because it looks as if there will be some really good coupons!


No comments:

Post a Comment