Sunday, October 23, 2011

Water, water everywhere: Target gift card deals

Each store has its own benefits and drawbacks, but this week I am loving Target.They run promotions where you get $5 giftcards when you purchase certain items. There is no limit to the amount of gift cards you can earn, at least not that I have noticed.  You can either do separate transactions and roll your gift cards over to reduce the out of pocket expenses and use them that day, or you can use them for the next time you go, OR you can also give them as stocking stuffers or appreciation gifts.

You are not allowed to use them on the same transaction. For example, I cannot buy ten Vitamin waters and use the gift card I earned buying them to pay for them.

Target had Vitamin Water, buy 10 and get a $5 gift card this week. The waters were 1, so after the gift cards they would be .50. They also had a deal where if you bought 2 of the $5 Vaseline lotions, you earned a $5 gf. I had coupons for buy one Vaseline, get a smaller size free. My Nana and daddy use lotion a lot, so I had already planned to get them some as part of their Christmas baskets.

I had planned to do separate transactions to reduce my OOP, but the line was busy, so I just decided to do one big one.

I bought:
2 of the larger Vaseline lotions
2 of the smaller ones
20 Vitamin Waters

Used (2) BOGO Vaseline coupons

OOP: $34, received $15 in gift cards.

I took the Vitamin water to my car and decided to go back and get some more with my gift cards.
Went back and got 20 more of the vitamin waters, and they also had some of the 1 liter SOBE waters on sale for .88. They weren't part of the deal, but that was a good price, so I bought those.

Went back in line, and split the transactions. Fiance met me in the parking lot to hang out, so I just had him do the second transaction (and carry the water to the car! :) ).  I bought:

10 Vitamin Waters
4 Sobe waters on sale for .88

Used two $10 GC
Paid ...3.67 maybe for the Sobe waters
Received another $5 GC.

Fiance bought
10 Vitamin Waters
Used two $5 GC
Spend $0 OOP, and received another $5gc

SO, we bought 2 large Vaseline lotions, two small Vaseline lotions, 40 Vitamin waters, and 4 large Sobe wates for about $37 dollars, AND we still have a $5 gc left, so $32 altogether.

The razors and Snuggle you see here are from a Walmart trip.

So, Target's gift card promotions are great, and even better when you can use coupons with them as well. Remember that Target will allow you to stack one Target coupon and one manufacturer coupon for an item as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment